Our runners are currently training! Stay tuned for a program recap in November.
Get ready to run this fall with our virtual training program! Whether you are looking to complete your first 5k, build up to a 10k, or just stay motivated to run, stay on track and connect with other AU runners over the course of 10 weeks.
- Follow a 5k or 10k training program provided by a certified running coach.
- Receive weekly emails and virtual support from the coach.
- Complete runs when and where it is convenient for you.
- New! Stay motivated with other runners through the Couch to 5k/10k Facebook group.
Points to AhealthyU Game Players: Earn 10 points for completing at least one training run weekly for all 10 weeks.
How you complete the final run is up to you! You can run the distance on your own, or choose a virtual race to participate in.
Virtual Runs and Walks | Fall 2020
- Greater Washington Heart Walk
- San Francisco Marathon Virtual Race Series
- Gone for a Run Virtual Race Series
- Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Relay for Life
- Wounded Warrior
- American Heart Association Heart Walk
- Light the Night Walks
- Autism Speaks
- Step Out, Walk to Stop Diabetes
- National Down Syndrome Society Buddy Walk
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Walk and 5K to End HIV
Here are some tips for safely completing your training runs:
- Give yourself plenty of space. Find streets or trails that are less crowded, or run during times when fewer people are outside.
- Mix up your running route. Find a new park, trail, or neighborhood to run through for a change of scenery and terrain.
- Keep things interesting. If your running options are limited, try listening to a podcast or running with a partner to make the run more exciting.
Fun fact! Coach Brianna Belo (Bri) ran for American University's Varsity Women's track/cross country team as an undergraduate up until her final semester as a Masters student at AU.
Points to AhealthyU Game Players
Earn 10 points for completing at least one training run weekly for all 10 weeks.