Mon.-Thurs., 8 am - 5:30 pm, Fri. 8 am - 5pm
Per Acting Provost Peter Starr's email to the AU community on August 21, 2020, beginning Monday, August 24th, parking in the SIS garage will be limited to faculty and staff only, as students and visitors will not have access to the SIS building under the updated campus operating procedures. Please refer to the aforementioned email for further details.
Enforcement of on-campus parking restrictions is suspended until further notice for students, faculty, and staff. Individuals will be able to park in general parking areas on campus without a permit or paying the daily fee. However, parking in residential neighborhoods will still be considered in violation of our Good Neighbor Parking Policy. To suspend monthly parking deductions, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the enforcement suspension is lifted, eligible faculty/staff will be able to re-enroll in deductions through the Parking Portal. The Office of Parking & Commuter Services remains closed for in-person services and can best be reached by email during normal business hours.
Parking at American University
Parking regulations are enforced at all times. Violators are subject to citation, vehicle immobilization, tow and/or conduct referral. Please visit the parking portal for details on permits, fines, and so on.
Non-affiliated and unapproved persons are not permitted to park on campus. Only persons conducting official business with American University are permitted to park on campus. Approved non-affiliates include University Guests, University Volunteers & Interns, Prospective Students, and Campus Vendors. See the Daily Parking tab below below for pay-as-you-go parking informaition.
- $126.00 per month via payroll deduction or cash/credit.
- Valid in all general parking spaces.
- Enrollment: When enrolling in parking deductions, doing so on or before the 15th of the month will result in being charged the full $126. Enrolling in payroll deductions on or after the 16th of the month will result in a charge of half of the monthly rate.
- Cancellation: When canceling deductions, you must contact the parking office by close of business on the 15th to avoid being charged for the full month. To avoid being charged for the following month, deductions must be canceled through the parking office by close of business on the final business day of the month.
- Adjunct Faculty: Adjuncts are eligible for complimentary permits for semesters in which they have active appointments. Permits may be obtained by contacting the Office of Parking & Commuter Services during normal business hours. These permits are subject to HR verification and cannot be obtained online.
- Fall/Spring: $506.00 per semester via student accounts or cash/check/credit.
- Summer Rates: $221 for full summer, $112 for seven (7) weeks, $60 for three (3) weeks via cash/check/credit only, summer permits are unable to be billed to student accounts.
- Valid in all general parking spaces.
- $2.00 per hour or $16.00 per day.
- Remember your license plate number and pay immediately after parking.
- Available in the Katzen Arts Center Garage, the Spring Valley Building, or the School of International Service Garage.
- Pay-As-You-Go Machines accept cash and major credit cards. They are located in the elevator lobbies of Katzen Arts Center, East Campus Surface Lot, the Spring Valley Building, and the School of International Service.
AU Community members are eligible for a self-park discount code. The code offers a location code for a discounted $0.75/hour rate (plus $0.35 service fee) to park in all general parking areas on campus through the PayByPhone mobile app.
You must use your AU credentials to log in to the Parking Portal and select the "Virtual Self Park Code" option to register your vehicle and obtain the discount code and instructions for use.
You must have/use an Affiliated Login to access this code. If you login using a guest account, you will not have the ability to choose this parking option.