To arrive at the spring approach, we again evaluated our existing criteria—case count and trajectory of the virus; availability, reliability, and speed of COVID-19 testing; local public health requirements; and the operating status of local public K-12 schools. Additionally, we have learned a great deal throughout the pandemic, both from our experience and from other universities and institutions. These inputs, along with our health and safety protocols, help to determine the additional spring activities and operations.
Our specialized facilities, such as the Hall of Science, Don Myers Building, and Media Innovation Lab can be utilized for select in-person classes in compliance with health and safety guidelines. Students in the DC area can access study spaces on a limited basis, with all visitors required to complete a daily self-screening questionnaire, wear face coverings, and practice physical distancing. There will be expanded COVID-19 testing for students for spring and students living on campus or coming to spend time on campus will be required to have regular COVID-19 testing.
Most faculty and staff will continue to telework through the spring semester, with some physical presence needed in select areas to support increased on-campus activity. Departments will work with individual faculty and staff who may need to come to campus to support in-person classes and activities. Any faculty and staff required to come to campus regularly for work requirements will have access to COVID-19 testing.
- For questions from students about health services, contact the Student Health Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about unique or exceptional technology challenges, contact the Student Technology Task Force at email@example.com
- For questions about study abroad programs, contact AU Abroad at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about staff and working arrangements, contact Human Resources at email@example.com
- For questions from alumni, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For media inquiries, contact Media Relations at email@example.com