Now more than ever, employers are highly selective about whom they hire. As
a college graduate, you have a solid foundation in your field which you
developed through classwork and internships. Now as a professional, how do
you set yourself apart in the job market and in graduate applications?
Through Graduate Professional
Studies, we look to add more than just another line on your resume. We
want to you to test-drive the career path that interests you most and gain applicable skills and experience that will help advance your professional future. Ultimately, an internship can get your foot in the door with major
companies or influential organizations and help launch your career path.
Access Our Resources
Graduate Professional Studies (GPS) students have access to our Internship Database—the largest of its kind focusing on internships in the Washington, D.C. area. With over 3,000 internships in the database, many employers turn our experiential programs for their interns. Once you make your deposit, the doors will open for you to:
- Draw on over 70-years of excellence in internship opportunities
- Benefit from individual feedback on your resume and cover letters
- Leverage online resume books available to over 3,500 internship employers
- Receive personalized advice from a career advisor and resources to tailored guides
Secure Your Dream Internship
Please let us know your interests as Washington, D.C. is a city that runs on who you know and our faculty and staff are well connected, and may just know someone who can assist you in securing that dream internship experience!
Apply Early for Priority Internships
Students who apply to the Graduate Professional Studies fall or spring semester by the first round application deadline are eligible for priority internships. Priority internships refer to a select number of internships we have created in conjunction with area organizations. However, regardless of your deposit date, rest assured that we will assist you in finding the ideal internship.
Recent Internship Sites
- Children’s National Medical Center
- Council on Hemispheric Affairs
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Meridian International Center
- Middle East Policy Council
- National Institutes of Health
- Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
- UBS Financial Services
- US Senate and House of Representatives
- US Small Business Administration
- US Soccer Foundation
- Whitecox and Lyons Sports Management