Any student wishing to remain in housing past the date and time residence halls close must complete a late departure request within their AU Housing Portal. Once reviewed, each student will receive an email indicating the request status. Requests will be reviewed and confirmed within three to five business days of submission.
- Residence halls close Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 12 p.m.
- Online request form opens on Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 10 a.m.
- Applications due by Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Approved Late Departures (Application Required)
- Graduating students
- Confirmed and official participation in graduation ceremony
Pre-Approved Late Departures (Do Not Submit Application)
- Confirmed reservation in AU Summer Housing (Must have a May 13 check-in date)
- Current or Summer Student Employee of Housing & Residence Life or University Conferences and Guest Services
Possible Denial Reasons*
- Employment dates (job or iternship)
- Apartment not available due to lease
- Travel or pickup conflicts
- Attending graduation ceremonies
* If a late departure is able to be approved for the above mentioned reasons, students are subject to a $50 nightly fee billed to their AU student account in June. Students may be relocated to an alternative location for any nights past Wednesday, May 9 at 12 p.m.
Important Notice for Spring 2018: Due to summer operations and facilities work, many locations across campus cannot have spring residents residing in them after Wednesday, May 8 at 12 p.m. under any circumstances. If your spring location falls into these categories, you will be notified when your late departure request is approved and will be provided additional information about alternative housing during needed extension. No exceptions can be made for the requirement to move to alternative housing.
If you have any questions, please contact your Community Director or Housing & Residence Life at email@example.com or by calling (202) 885-3370.
To complete a request for Late Departure, please log into your AU Housing Portal. Select "Request Late Departure" on the top toolbar. The online request form opens on Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 10 a.m.