Selected Recent Internships
- Community Outreach Intern, Suburban Hospital -- Bethesda, MD
- Assistant to the Director, The Center for Mind-Body Medicine -- Washington, DC
- Health Promotion Intern, AARP -- Washington, DC
- Childhood Obesity Prevention Program Manager, Kaiser Permanente -- Rockville, MD
- Cardiac Rehabilitation, Prevention, & Wellness Intern, Adventist HealthCare -- Maryland
- National Heart Attack Risk Study Supervisor, Miami Heart Institute -- Miami Beach, FL
- Health and Human Services Worksite Health, State of California-- Sacramento, CA
- Sales and Marketing Intern, Biometrics -- Gaithersburg, MD
- Health Promotion Intern, L&T Health and Fitness -- Falls Church, VA
- Research Assistant, Ealing Hospital -- London, England
- International Acupuncture Training Center -- Beijing, China
- Health Promotion Intern, Credit Suisse Financial Services -- Zurich, Switzerland
- Advocacy Intern, American Heart Association -- Washington, DC
- Legislative Assistant, Partnership for Prevention -- Washington, DC
- Health Researcher, National Business Group on Health -- Washington, DC
- Grant Researcher, Team Nutrition USDA -- Washington, DC
- Nutrition Education Program Developer, AHealthyU -- Washington, DC
- Garden Specialist, DC Central Kitchen -- Washington, DC
- Nutrition Policy Specialist, DCPS -- Washington, DC
Please visit our Professional Development Guide for more internship resources!
Selected Recent Theses
- "Prevalence of Health Professional's Advice to Iowa Adults with Hypertension in 2002 using the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance"
- "A Historical Perspective on Childhood Obesity"
- "The Effects of an Osteoporosis Educational Intervention on Osteoporosis Knowledge among College-Age Women"
- "Exercise Participation and the Effect of HDL Cholesterol in Men and Women"
- "The Prevalence of Health Promotion Programs in Health Maintenance Organizations"
- "Certification in the Fitness Industry: The Exam Development for ACE and ACSM 1975-1994"
- "A Study Comparing Maryland State Legislator's Health Behaviors to Those of Their Constituents"