Here are the basics on editing your own profile:
1. Find your profile by searching for your name using the AU web site search tool
2. Once you have accessed your full profile, click "Log in to Edit Your Profile" in the upper right corner of the page
3. Log in using your my.american.edu profile information
4. Click on "Edit Profile" in the upper right corner of the page
5. Edit information in the form that displays. The first tab that appears includes nearly all fields for content. Additional tabs running across the top will allow you to view datatel information used to automatically populate your profile, add website links, add IM clients and the last tab allows you to give permission to another AU community member to edit your profile.
6. When you have finished your edits, click "Save" at the bottom of the form
7. The system will need a moment to update your profile. After the page has refreshed, review your profile to ensure that the changes have been made. If so, click "Sign out" in the upper right corner of the page. If not, contact the OIT Helpdesk to report the problem at email@example.com.